Application engineering to design project related control systems for complex turbine, diesel, gas engine, generator and compressor controls, including:
• Autonomous detailed design of the entire control system in accordance with design standards and customer and internal specifications.
• Performing the design activities according to our engineering gateway process.
• Development of new approaches to problems encountered, e.g. conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of standard solutions, specific environmental conditions, and/or difficult coordination requirements.
• Validation and testing of the control system.
• Support and execute Factory Acceptance Tests with presence of customers and controlling agencies.
• Creation of customer documentation and quality control plans.
• Onsite testing and commissioning of the system.
• Providing instructions and training to the customer and colleagues on the designed system.
• Creation of “lessons learned” for future projects.
• Participate in international and multi site projects.
• Performs functions such as the creation of test setups, customer/internal engine calibration, emissions testing, hardware and software design.
• Carries responsibility for up-to-date BOM’s, software, wiring diagrams, drawings, electrical schematics, test plans, training material, etc.
• A Master of Science degree (TU) or a Bachelor degree (HTS) in Electrical, Mechanical Engineering or related technical field.
• You are capable of gaining knowledge quickly to ensure that, after a training period, complex control systems as well as gas or steam turbines are known areas to you. Technical support will be provided by the department.
• Regular travel (approx. 30-50%) to support our customers and colleagues in the field is expected.
• Fundamental knowledge of PLC logic and control software programming tools, as well as experience with human machine interfaces (e.g. Intellution, Citect, Toolkit) is preferred.
• Experience with simulation tools (e.g. MatLab, Simulink, NetSim) is considered an advantage.
• Effective technical writing skills (procedures, reports, etc.).
• Competent in the use of PC’s and experienced in MS-Office (Word, Excel).
• Good written and verbal expression in English is required, an extra language is a preference, Dutch is not required.
• Basic skills in problem solving and troubleshooting.
• Effective time management skills and able to work under (time) pressure.
• Good communication skills and a representative appearance.
• Candidates need to be authorized to work in the Netherlands. Applications from candidates outside the EU or without Dutch working permit will not be accepted.
Woodward is a multinational company, headquartered in Fort Collins, CO – USA, enhancing global quality of life and sustainability by optimizing energy use through improved efficiency and lower emissions. An independent designer, manufacturer, and service provider of energy control and optimization solutions for commercial and military aircraft, turbines, reciprocating engines, and electrical power system equipment. Global customers in the aerospace, power and process industries, and transportation markets rely on Woodward technology to make their equipment more efficient and reliable minimizing environmental impact.
The Hoofddorp organization is responsible for providing sales and engineering solutions to customers in Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA). Woodward Hoofddorp employs over 60 people. The Engineering department is responsible for the design of customized control systems for turbines, gas- and diesel engines. This includes the specific control features for the environment and the purpose for which power is being generated, such as compressor controls, generator logic, propulsion, etc. The department exists of an enthusiastic team of 12 Engineers. Join the Hoofddorp Engineering team as an Application Engineer.